Saturday, September 11, 2010

Signs Of Autumn

Autumn seems to have begun overnight. One day the world was lush, green, and hot. Then, one morning, we woke up reaching for a blanket and gazing out the window at a handful of the first golden leaves on a nearby tree.


Autumn also tends to be a time of many deadlines for me, so the last few days have been part of a mad rush to get submissions ready for a handful of gallery shows I wanted to enter this year.


We did get a chance to sneak out for some family time, and a walk to the mailbox, during which we saw yet another sign of autumn; there were muscadines (a wild grape native to this area) everywhere! They're somewhat tart, but have a great, very unique flavor. Calvin entertained Mellie while I climbed around in the wood line a bit trying to fill a bowl with dark purple fruit. I didn't get as many as I had hoped, but not a bad haul either!




No comments:

Post a Comment