Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who?

My name is Jen. I am a mother of one, wife to a wonderfully open minded man, artist, designer, childbirth educator, and doula. I grew up in the Atlanta area with time split between the city and an area that, at the time, was pretty much considered to be out in the country (it has since been swallowed whole by suburban sprawl). Pretty much immediately after graduating high school, I ran away with my then boyfriend (now husband) to Savannah, after which we moved around a lot for a few years, I stumbled my way through college, he went down a very different path, we moved in and out and back into a cute little house on the edge of Savannah's historic district, got married, started a little business, started a little family, and then made the slightly insane decision to leave it all behind, move back to metro Atlanta, and do something completely different.

My daughter, Mellie, is a 16 month old whirlwind who loves to feed the animals and play in the shower. She talks a little, signs a bit, and likes to pick out her own clothes (including which diaper she wants). Very recently she has started making the transition from walking to running and climbing creating a ton of chaos and terror. She likes to help me in the garden and is great at pulling weeds.

Cal is my husband. I don't pretend to know what all goes through his head when I spout ideas and ramble while formulating plans, but I can say he's very supportive and a very hard worker. He keeps me believing we can do this when there are bumps in the road.

And that is us in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment